Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Things are clearing up

So I have done two vacs of the gravel and in turn, two 20% water changes. This morning my water is looking nice and clear. Not perfect, but alot better.

I decided the fish and my puffer needed some better food, so I went down to the LFS and picked up some "Cichlid Delight" frozen packs. I don't know how much of a "delight" they are... no one in the tank seems too keen on them. Ed likees to toss the whole cubes into his tank and the fish go NUTS for them.. mine go "Woo hoo!....oh it's that crud again... nevermind". The only one who seems midly interested in finishing it off is the puffer, and even he is kind of "bleh" about them. So once they are gone I don't think I will buy them again.

I talked to Ed about getting some ghost shrimp or some snails, and he said he would ask his supplier about them. My puffer really needs some snails to be happy, and the shrimp would be a nice addition to the food in the tank.

We still are without names for 75% of the tank. The blue guy.. Nemo... the Pleco... Hoover. But I have no names for the others. They need names so I can bond with them. Yes, I'm talking abou tfish, but I think the more of a connection you feel to your pets, the better care you take of them. You become invested in their well-being.

I will watch them today and get a feel... maybe names will come to me.

No comments: